This package includes a new violin with carrying case, shoulder rest, rosin, a two pocket folder for music, and a pencil. Everything your student needs to start their musical endeavors!
To measure what size violin best suits you, you need to know the length between your neck and the middle of your left-hand palm or left wrist. This is measured when your hand is fully extended and raised perpendicular to your body, just like holding a violin. The smallest is 1/8th size, and largest is 4/4.
- Age 5-6 (minimum of 16inch arm length) 1/8 size
- Age 7-8 (minimum of 18in arm length) 1/4 size
- Age 9-10 (minimum of 20in arm length) 1/2 size
- Age 11-13 (min of 22in arm length) 3/4 size
- Age 14-up (minimum of 23in+ arm length) 4/4 size
If arm length is between sizes, choose the smaller size.